"I'm not, not at all," Castro said when asked if he is concerned about the injury. "[I'm] just going to get some rest and some treatment tonight and go from there tomorrow. I'm not worried at all about it. It's got a little swelling in there from the contusion, but it really doesn't feel that bad right now."
Castro was hit by two pitches in his first two plate appearances. The first was a glancing blow, but the second caught him flush on the foot/ankle area. He's the first Astros player since Brad Ausmus in 2007 to be hit by two pitches in the same game.
Castro was pulled after hitting into the Astros' fourth double play of the game in the fifth inning and replaced by Carlos Corporan.
"I tried to go through it, and that last at-bat was too much for me to bear going forward for the rest of the game," Castro said.
Manager Bo Porter said that Corporan will start on Friday against the Angels.
Castro missed the final three weeks of the 2013 season after having a cyst removed from his right knee, the same knee in which he tore the anterior cruciate ligament and medial meniscus in the spring of 2011, injuries that caused him to miss the entire season. In December 2011 he underwent surgery to remove the sesamoid bone in his left foot.
Earlier this year, Castro signed a $2.45 million contract in his first year of arbitration eligibility after coming off a breakout season in which he hit .276 with 18 homers and 56 RBIs en route to being named the team's Most Valuable Player. He was the first Astros player to make the American League All-Star team.
Brian McTaggart is a reporter for MLB.com and writes an MLBlog, Tag's Lines. Follow @brianmctaggart on Twitter. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.