CLOSE

Now Commenting On:

{"content":["trading_deadline" ] }

Lee-to-Dodgers deal appears to be off

Lee-to-Dodgers deal appears to be off

Lee-to-Dodgers deal appears to be off
CHICAGO -- Tired of waiting for an answer from Astros first baseman Carlos Lee whether he would waive his limited no-trade clause, the Dodgers have pulled their trade offer on Sunday, according to baseball sources.

Efforts to reach Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow for comment were not successful.

Lee said following Sunday's game against the Cubs that he still hadn't made a decision on whether to accept the trade, though several of his teammates believe the slugger wanted to stay with the Astros. Lee was pulled into manager Brad Mills' office upon his arrival at Wrigley Field for a closed-door meeting and left with the club for Pittsburgh on Sunday night.

Lee said Saturday he was informed by Luhnow that he would be sent to Dodgers in a trade if he approved the deal. Lee, in the final year of a six-year, $100 million contract, has a limited no-trade clause and would have to waive it to be sent to Los Angeles.

Lee gave the Astros a list of 14 teams to which his contract may not be assigned (he had the ability to change that list at the end of last year). The limited no-trade supersedes his 10-5 rights to veto any trade.

Brian McTaggart is a reporter for MLB.com and writes an MLBlog, Tag's Lines. Follow @brianmctaggart on Twitter. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

{"content":["trading_deadline" ] }
{"content":["trading_deadline" ] }