"Another catcher would be huge, and being able to get a couple of arms, especially with the games we've been in the last week where they've really exhausted our bullpen, would be great," Mills said.
Considering the Astros are close to getting second baseman Jeff Keppinger and relief pitcher Matt Lindstrom back from the disabled list and are already playing so many youngsters, Wade said the amount of callups would be very limited.
"I've already made up my mind it's going to be less than a handful of moves," he said. "We're getting guys back healthy with Lindstrom and Keppinger and still have a chance to get [Felipe] Paulino back. I'm just not a believer in using September as a reward or just stocking up the bench to have 27 moves to make. We have enough depth here."
Don't rule out the Astros calling up top prospect Jordan Lyles, a pitcher, or former No. 1 Draft pick Brian Bogusevic, who made the switch to the outfield from pitcher two years ago. Lyles gave up four hits and three walks while fanning three over six scoreless innings Thursday night.
Edwin Bellorin and Brian Esposito, neither of whom is a prospect, are splitting the catching duties at Triple-A Round Rock, but neither is on the 40-man roster, which currently stands at 40. The Astros could put injured pitcher Brian Moehler on the 60-day disabled list to free up a roster spot.